The black Carry-On Roller Version 2 from Shimoda Designs is a high-capacity rolling camera case that is designed to accommodate a separately available Shimoda Designs DSLR Core Unit while meeting the carry-on requirements for most international and US airlines. When the Carry-On Roller Version 2 rests on its rear panel, the main compartment can be accessed through a doctor’s bag-style opening that eliminates any obstruction to the items inside. Along the interior of the main compartment, zippered organizational pockets provide space for miscellaneous accessories. While a compatible Core Unit helps provide crush resistance, this rolling case’s overall durability is further complemented by tall wheel housings that protect its corners from impacts to escalators as well as curbs.
With the main compartment’s opening closed and zippered shut, the Carry-On Roller Version 2 can be positioned on its wheels and bottom bumpers, measuring up to 20.5″ high, 12.6″ wide, and 9.8″ deep along its exterior. Aside from the telescoping top handle, grab handles are also attached to the top and bottom sides of this rolling case for flexibility while transporting or moving the Carry-On Roller Version 2; making pickup and placement into car trunks or onto an elevated surface easy. Additionally, dual carry straps that can be joined using an integrated handle wrap allow this rolling case to be lifted with the main compartment’s opening facing upward.
On the exterior of the rolling case are two, zippered high-capacity storage pockets, one for each side of the Carry-On Roller Version 2. Within the storage pocket that follows the user’s left side when the rolling case is pulled from behind, two organizational pockets are included for a passport and a smartphone. Featuring a durable, nylon construction, the Carry-On Roller Version 2 is built to be weather resistant.
- Extra high-capacity rolling case with 11.4 x 17.7 x 7.9″ interior designed to accommodate a separately available Shimoda Designs Large DSLR Core Unit
- When used with Large DSLR Core Unit, can accommodate up to two DSLR cameras and nine lenses, including a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens; or two DSLR cameras and five lenses, including a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens, plus a medium-sized drone kit
- When this rolling case rests on its rear panel, the main compartment can be accessed through a doctor’s bag-style opening that eliminates any obstruction to the items inside
- Abrasion-resistant zippered closure for main compartment with large zipper pulls
- With the main compartment’s opening closed and zippered shut, this rolling case can be positioned on its wheels and bottom bumpers, measuring up to 20.5″ high, 12.6″ wide, and 9.8″ deep along its exterior
- Three handles include a telescoping top handle, a top grab handle, and a bottom grab handle
- Built-in dual carry straps that can be joined using an integrated handle wrap allow for lifting with the main compartment facing upward
- Two zippered high-capacity storage pockets, one for each side of the rolling case
- Passport and smartphone pockets within the storage pocket that follows the user’s left side when the rolling case is pulled from behind
- Durable, weather-resistant nylon construction
Version 2 of the Shimoda Carry-On Roller comes in our new and highly requested Black colorway. The new improvements deliver a more efficient travel experience on the go or while patiently waiting for your next departure. Newly designed pockets provide quick access to your mobile phone and passport while also being useable for carrying tripods and packing water bottles. The new features compliment an already premium product that is Carry-On compatible on most international flights and works with our modular Core Unit system. The roller holds up to Large DSLR Core Unit.
- International Carry-On Friendly – Our roller is sized to meet most airline carry-on requirements. Since carry-on dimensions vary by airplane size and style, and regulations are always changing, we recommend checking with your airline before flight. The Carry-On roller will ensure your gear makes it on board safely (with you) and remains protected from not only bumps but also from dishonest strangers.
- Uniquely Modular – The Carry-On Roller is designed to work seamlessly with the rest of the Shimoda system’s backpacks, Core Units and Accessory Cases. There is no other bag system that enables an entire cine camera system to be transferred from a roller to a backpack in seconds.
- Doctor-Bag Style Opening – The roller has a single YKK zipper running down the middle, and when unzipped, the opening retracts and exposes the main compartment. It is very practical for accessing gear when shooting out of the roller, as well as for packing and unpacking. The doctor opening allows the bag to maintain a small footprint whether open or closed, unlike a traditional luggage door-style opening that doubles a case’s footprint when opened.
- Side Panel Pockets – Each side of the bag features a full-length zippered pocket. One side is fitted with a travel document and phone sleeve and the other side fits larger accessories like a water bottle. Both sides have a compression strap so you can hold a medium-sized tripod if needed.
- Carbonate-Coated, Water-Repellant Materials – Our Carry-On Roller shares the same lightweight, water-resistant, Carbonate PU-coated ripstop nylon as our backpack line. This ensures the same reliable and consistent quality and performance for both travel and mountain scenarios. They also make a handsome match when traveling.