The black DV Roller from Shimoda Designs is an extra high-capacity rolling camera case that is designed to accommodate a separately available Shimoda Designs X-Large DV Core Unit or both a separately available Shimoda Designs Large DSLR Core Unit and a separately available Shimoda Designs Small DSLR Core Unit. When the DV Roller rests on its rear panel, the main compartment can be accessed through a doctor’s bag-style opening that eliminates any obstruction to the items inside. Along the interior of the main compartment, zippered organizational pockets provide space for miscellaneous accessories. While compatible Core Units help provide crush resistance, this rolling case’s overall durability is further complemented by tall wheel housings that protect its corners from impacts with escalators as well as curbs.
With the main compartment’s opening closed and zippered shut, the DV Roller can be positioned on its wheels and bottom bumpers, measuring up to 23.6″ high, 12.6″ wide, and 11.8″ deep along its exterior. Aside from the telescoping top handle, grab handles are also attached to the top and bottom sides of this rolling case for flexibility while transporting or moving the DV Roller; making pickup and placement into car trunks or onto an elevated surface easy. Additionally, dual carry straps that can be joined using an integrated handle wrap allow this rolling case to be lifted with the main compartment’s opening facing upward.
On the exterior of the rolling case are two, zippered high-capacity storage pockets, one for each side of the DV Roller. Within the storage pocket that follows the user’s left side when the rolling case is pulled from behind, two organizational pockets are included for a passport and a smartphone. Featuring a durable, nylon construction, the DV Roller is built to be weather resistant.
- Extra high-capacity rolling case with 11.4 x 20.1 x 10.2″ interior designed to accommodate a separately available Shimoda Designs X-Large DV Core Unit or both a separately available Shimoda Designs Large DSLR Core Unit and a separately available Shimoda Designs Small DSLR Core Unit
- When used with an X-Large DV Core Unit, can accommodate two digital cinematography cameras with an attached lens, additional telephoto lens, and accessories
- When used with a Large DSLR Core Unit and a Small DSLR Core Unit, can accommodate up to three DSLR cameras and 11 lenses, including a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens; or three DSLR cameras and seven lenses, including a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens, plus a medium-sized drone kit
- When this rolling case rests on its rear panel, the main compartment can be accessed through a doctor’s bag-style opening that eliminates any obstruction to the items inside
- Abrasion-resistant zippered closure for main compartment with large zipper pulls
- With the main compartment’s opening closed and zippered shut, this rolling case can be positioned on its wheels and bottom bumpers, measuring up to 23.6″ high, 12.6″ wide, and 11.8″ deep along its exterior
- Three handles, a telescoping top handle, a top grab handle, and a bottom grab handle
- Built-in dual carry straps that can be joined using an integrated handle wrap allow for lifting with the main compartment facing upward
- Two, zippered high-capacity storage pockets, one for each side of the rolling case
- Passport and smartphone pockets within the storage pocket that follows the user’s left side when the rolling case is pulled from behind
- Durable, weather-resistant nylon construction
- Cine/DV Camera Friendly – When paired with a Large or Extra Large DV Core Unit, the DV Roller is a perfect match for heavy Cine camera systems that are best rolled around rather than carried on your back. This roller is designed specifically to fit our Digital Video Core Units, but it can also carry all of our other sized Core Units. Its elegant styling makes it an excellent choice for everything from studio and location shoots to client presentations and meetings.
- Uniquely Modular – The Carry-On Roller is designed to work seamlessly with the rest of the Shimoda system’s backpacks, Core Units and Accessory Cases. There is no other bag system that enables an entire cine camera system to be transferred from a roller to a backpack in seconds.
- Doctor-Bag Style Opening – The roller has a single YKK zipper running down the middle, and when unzipped, the opening retracts and exposes the main compartment. It is very practical for accessing gear when shooting out of the roller, as well as for packing and unpacking. The doctor opening allows the bag to maintain a small footprint whether open or closed, unlike a traditional luggage door-style opening that doubles a case’s footprint when opened.
- Side Panel Pockets – Each side of the bag features a full-length zippered pocket. One side is fitted with a travel document and phone sleeve and the other side fits larger accessories like a water bottle. Both sides have a compression strap so you can hold a medium-sized tripod if needed.
- Carbonate-Coated, Water-Repellant Materials – Our Carry-On Roller shares the same lightweight, water-resistant, Carbonate PU-coated ripstop nylon as our backpack line. This ensures the same reliable and consistent quality and performance for both travel and mountain scenarios. They also make a handsome match when traveling.
Weight:8.3lb / 3.78kg
Outside Dimensions (in):12.6W x 23.6H x 11.8D in.
Outside Dimensions (cm):32W x 60H x 30D cm
Inside Dimensions (in):11.4W x 20.1H x 10.2D in.
Inside Dimensions (cm):29W x 51H x 26D cm