Nikon AF NIKKOR 20mm f/2.8D Overview
Offering an impressively broad field of view, the AF NIKKOR 20mm f/2.8D from Nikon is a compact and lightweight lens well-suited for landscape, interior, and travel photography. Its modest f/2.8 maximum aperture helps achieve a balance between its sleek size and being fast enough for working in low-light conditions. In regard to the optics, a Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color rendering when working in bright and backlit conditions. Close Range Correction also helps to ensure consistent image quality and accurate rendering throughout the focusing range. Additionally, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Wide-angle prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 30mm equivalent focal length.
- Flexible f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also offers depth of field control for isolating subjects.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses, and offers quick and precise focusing performance.Autofocus is not supported by DSLRs lacking an autofocus motor, such as the D3000-series, D5000-series, D40, D40X, and D60, where the lens may be used with manual focus only.
- Close Range Correction system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from the minimum focusing distance of 9.8″ to infinity.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.