Uniquely modular, the Hasselblad 907X 50C is a medium format camera system meshing design elements from their classic film cameras with contemporary imaging capabilities from their digital era. The 907X 50C platform comprises the matched CFV II 50C digital back and 907X camera body, which work in tandem as a distinct and versatile camera system.
The 907X has the distinction of being the smallest medium format camera Hasselblad has ever created, measuring just over an inch thick, as well as the lightest, at 7 oz. Recalling the form of the famed 500-series V-system cameras, though, this simple camera body mainly serves as the interface between the V interface of the CFV II 50C digital back and the X-mount for working with XCD lenses or adapted lenses from other mounts.
The CFV II 50C is an updated and refined digital back featuring a classic V-system interface for use on the included 907X as well as virtually any Hasselblad V camera from 1957 onward. Designed with the classic A12 and A16 film backs in mind, this digital back has been outfitted with versatile digital capabilities, revolving around a 43.8 x 32.9mm 50MP CMOS sensor, which yields high-resolution imagery with a wide 14-stop dynamic range, 16-bit color depth, and an ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range. This sensor utilizes Hasselblad’s Natural Color Solution, too, which delivers realistic, pleasing color tones for great consistency and smooth tonal transitions. The back’s design also incorporates a rear 3.2″ 2.4m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD, to recall the experience of working with a waist-level finder, and it now houses the rechargeable lithium-ion battery internally for a sleeker overall profile. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless remote control and file transferring via Phocus Mobile 2 and an integrated GPS module enables recording location data for geotagging.
907X Camera Body
CFV II 50C Digital Back
50MP CMOS Sensor and Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
Revolving around a large 50MP CMOS sensor, measuring 43.8 x 32.9mm, the CFV II 50C is capable of capturing an extremely wide dynamic range of up to 14 stops along with vivid 16-bit color depth. When combined with the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution, tonal transitions and skin tones show immense depth, detail, and clarity for lifelike image quality, even in dark shadow and bright highlight regions. To suit working in a variety of lighting conditions, a sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600 is available, and still files are saved in the Hasselblad 3FR raw file format or as JPEGs.
Working with the spectacular image quality of the 50MP CMOS sensor, the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution is designed to deliver images with the most natural color without needing to delve into a variety of presets. This system is also capable of creating imagery with exceptionally smooth tonal transitions that are reminiscent of analog film capture, which is thanks in part to the CFV II’s 16-bit color depth.
- Using a V-system interface, this digital back can be used in conjunction with the included 907X camera body, with virtually any Hasselblad V system film camera from 1957 or later, or with technical and view cameras featuring a V-system mounting interface.
- Integrated 3.2″ 2.4m-dot tilting LCD features a touchscreen design for intuitive control, menu navigation, and playback. The updated screen also has a fast 60 fps refresh rate for more fluid playback and the screen also supports autofocus point drag and drop placement and autofocus point size changes with pinch/spread finger movement. The screen’s tilting design also reinforces a top-down viewing position, akin to working with an optical waist-level finder.
- Accepts one rechargeable lithium-ion battery internally in order to maintain the overall svelte profile reminiscent of A12 and A16 film backs. This battery can be charged in-back, too, via the USB Type-C port.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support the UHS-II protocol for faster read/write speeds.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless sharing of files as well as remote camera control. Additionally, Phocus Mobile 2 allows for a rich tethered shooting experience from an iPad Pro or iPad Air (2019).
- USB 3.0 Type-C connector can be used for file transfer, tethered shooting from an iPad, or for in-camera battery charging via a computer, charger, or power bank.
- Integrated GPS module can be used for recording location details to image files for geotagging applications.
- Optimized for use with XCD series of lenses, which offer an integrated central shutter system, capable of sync speeds up to 1/2000 sec.
- Phocus Mobile 2, available for select iPad models, permits importing, editing, and rating of raw images as well as importing and rating full-resolution JPEG images directly on a tablet. Additionally, Phocus Mobile 2 supports full-resolution image export, tethered shooting, and direct camera control.
- Conventional computer-based tethered shooting is supported via the desktop version of Phocus.
The 907X 50C mirrorless medium format digital camera is comprised of the modernised CFV II 50C digital back and the brand new 907X camera body, connecting Hasselblad’s photographic legacy and future into one system.
With an outstanding medium format 50-megapixel CMOS sensor (43.8 x 32.9 mm), the CFV II 50C digital back enables use with most V System cameras made from 1957 and onwards in addition to third party technical or view cameras. The CFV II 50C features a brilliant 3.2in 2.36M dot tilting rear display with full touch support and Hasselblad’s renowned user interface for settings, image review, and menu navigation. Combining its iconic aesthetics with a chrome edge body finish in addition to modern technology, the CFV II 50C gives a nod to Hasselblad’s history combined with the brand’s world-renowned image quality.
Coupling the CFV II 50C with the 907X, Hasselblad’s smallest medium format camera body ever, creates a highly compact package. This combination offers a truly distinct photographic experience, including the classic waist-level shooting style of the V System enabled by the CFV II 50C’s tilt screen. Accessories that beautifully complement the combination include the 907X Control Grip and 907X Optical Viewfinder.
In the box
- CFV II 50C and Protection Cover Lid
- 907X and Front and Rear Covers
- Focusing Screen Mask
- USP Power Adapter
- Shoulder Strap For in-camera-body battery charging
ITEMS NOT INCLUDED : XCD lens or other Hasselblad/third party lens with adapters